Hunter & Boater Safety
This course offers a unique educational experience which provides students with the opportunity to become a responsible hunter and boater. Students will learn the basic hunter techniques, outdoor safety and shooting skills, and obtain a Hunter's certification card. Students MUST be 16 at the beginning of this course to enroll.
Credits: Half (0.5) Credit Course
Estimated Completion Time: 1 semester/4 weeks
* This course is only available during summer sessions.
* Scores are based on student ratings out of 5.
"I enjoyed being able to workout and log my exercise hours whenever I wanted to... If I wanted to workout at midnight I could."
Unit 1: Boater Safety
- Before Getting Underway
- Getting Out on the Water
- Navigation and Safe Operation
- Missouri’s Legal Requirements of Boating
- Boating Emergencies
- Enjoying Water Sports
Unit 2: Hunter Safety
- Introduction to Hunter Education
- Wildlife Conservation and Management
- Be a Responsible and Ethical Hunter
- Outdoor Safety
- Basic Shooting Skills
- Basic Hunting Techniques
- Alternative Hunting Equipment
- Know Your Hunting Equipment
- Be a Safe Hunter