College Credit at No Cost
Qualifying Launch students can benefit from free dual credit courses with Missouri State University.
Attention Launch partner districts: We have exciting news to share! For the Fall 2019 semester, Missouri State University is piloting a program to provide dual credit tuition assistance to students who qualify for free and reduced lunches. The university has chosen to pilot the initiative with students in the Springfield Public School District as well as students enrolled in virtual courses via SPS’s Launch program. This means that students who attend a Launch partner school district and enroll in dual credit courses online with Launch are eligible to qualify! Guidelines are as follows:
- A student must qualify for free or reduced lunches.
- A student must have at least a 3.0 high school Grade Point Average.
- The course can only be a dual credit course.
- Students will be required to meet course prerequisites, if applicable, to enroll in a class.
- The pilot covers the tuition cost of $70 per credit hour for up to 6 credit hours each semester.
There will be no extra application to complete. Students will be asked in the regular Dual Credit online application, “Are you eligible for free or reduced lunch: Yes/No”
We are hopeful that this will provide opportunities for students who have financial barriers by allowing them to gain a head start on a college education while in high school. This is a pilot program that the university would like to be able to implement for the foreseeable future. Please let us know if you have questions—we are here to help! For more information about the Missouri State Dual Credit program and dual credit course registration, please visit DualCredit.MissouriState.edu.